Greetings from golden, autumnal London . In nature, it’s a season of change and readying to rest. Not so for us here at Team Home. We are all a-go-go ahead of UK cinematic release this week. (I can’t stop grinning as I write that phrase.)
Top Five Six New Things To Know from Team Home:
1) The lovely Maren Sheldon, Queen of Creative (she of the albatross and squiggles) is busying to hatch a shiny tiny new human in coming days and we wish her so much love and wellness.
2) We won our second award this week – ‘People’s Choice’ from the fabulous Shextreme Film Festival, alongside High Passes by Cosima Barzini. Thank you, Audiences and Dr Ruth Farrar for curating such a positive, force-for-good festival and Alliance.
3) Our very first reviewhot off the press today – in the Guardian. Always a mix of cringeworthy, exciting and nerve-racking to read about yourself and your work, but we’re really happy with this.
I especially like the line:
‘And she calls her boat Happy Socks, which is the most pleasing boat name since Boaty McBoatface‘.
5) Sarah is giving a talk in Llangollen, Wales this weekend. Tickets here.
6) I almost forgot number 6 – We got accepted into Banff! So that will be our North American Premiere, right there.
Our Distribution Chief, Jonny Tull, is working on booking in more cinemas to the 30 or so we already have lined up over the next couple of months, so keep checking the film website for screenings. And I’ve pasted them in below, too.