We are committed to safeguarding your privacy online. We use the information we collect about you to help us understand more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications about www.sarahouten.com that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise.
The ‘personally identifiable information’ is information that enables us to identify you, such as your email address, name, title, and address. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
This policy will let you know:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you
- How your information is used
- Who is collecting your information
- With whom your information may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information
- How you can access, update or delete your information
- How we treat your personal information
- About children’s privacy
- The kind of security precautions that are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information
1. What personally identifiable information does www.sarahouten.com collect from me?
We use two types of cookies on our website:
- per session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookies file of your browser until you leave the site; and
- persistent cookies, which remain in the cookies file of your browser for longer (although how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). These cookies are used to store state information between visits to a site.
2. How does www.sarahouten.com use my information?
www.sarahouten.com uses the information we collect about you to help us with understanding more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise. www.sarahouten.com also uses personal information uploaded to specific sites to help in the selection of participants for our expeditions.
3. Who is collecting your information?
When you are on the www.sarahouten.com website and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with www.sarahouten.com alone unless stated otherwise.
4. With whom does www.sarahouten.com share your information?
www.sarahouten.com will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
5. What are my choices regarding, collection, use and distribution of my information?
If you indicated that you are interested in receiving regular information about www.sarahouten.com’ future projects, we will send you communications regarding www.sarahouten.com’ work and activities, either electronically or otherwise. www.sarahouten.com does not sell or rent user information with anyone.
6. What is www.sarahouten.com’ policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personally identifiable information?
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to www.sarahouten.com. If you change email address or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. How does www.sarahouten.com protect my personal identifiable information?
www.sarahouten.com is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the individual identifying information that you provide to us.
8. What about children’s privacy?
The safety of children is very important to us. Our website education pages do not require nor collect personal information from children. Children should always ask a parent for permission before sending personal information to anyone online. For more information about staying safe online, visit: http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/.
9. What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?